Derby Railway Angling Club
Summary of fishing rules
1. All angling must be in accordance with Environment Agency by laws
2. All members when fishing must have in their possession a valid EA rod licence, current membership card and club ID card*.
(*Except at renewal times) Members fishing without them will be asked to leave the water.
3. All fishing shall take place within the following times
January 07.30-17.00 July 04.30-22.30
February 07.00-18.00 August 05.00-21.30
March 06.00-19.00 September 06.00-20.30
April 05.30-21.00 October 07.00-19.00
May 04.30-22.00 November 07.00-16.30
June 04.00-22.30 December 07.30-16.30
4. Night Fishing All members may night fish Red House lake and the Silt Pool Only.
To Night Fish the River Trent and the River Dove at Scropton a Night Permit is required.
4(a)Night Fishing Rules (not applicable on Redhouse Lake)
1. Fishing sessions maximum of 24 hours one night only.
2. Minimum of 10 hours break between sessions.
3. No camping on banks etc. between sessions.
4. No fires or barbecues allowed.
5. No fishing on match sections on the night before a match.
6. Failure to comply with Club rules or behaving in an inappropriate manner will result in loss of membership.
7. Holders of this permit may also fish the River Dove, Scropton section in addition to the River Trent and the Trent & Mersey canal.
5. Number of rods as follows:
One rod only River DerwentTwo rods River Trent and all Pools and lakes except Red House
Four rods Red House Lake only
6. Members first in possession of a peg may request others keep a distance of 15 yards
7. No live baits may be used
8. The angling year shall be;
Coarse fishing on rivers allowed from 16th June to 14th March inclusive
No closed season on Canal or stillwaters
Trout brown and rainbow from 18th March to 7th October inclusive
9. Trout and Grayling size limits 30cm / 12in Trout ticket holders only may take;
One brace per day may be taken at Darley Dale, Tutbury, Scropton, Eaton Dovedale.
One fish per day Sutton Brook.
River Ecclesbourne catch and release only.10. No keepnets at Darley Dale, Ellastone, Sutton Brook or any Club stillwaters
11. No carp, barbel, or specimen size fish may be retained in any keepnet or sack.
12. On the canal children under 10 may fish free when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
13. Members must not obstruct the canal towpath
14. Members may not take any fish dead or alive other than as stated in rule 8.
15. No fishing allowed from boats.
16. No dogs or guns allowed.
17. Members must use safety rigs, no fixed leads.
18. No metal tins or cans allowed on the bank
19. No fires, tents or camping on the banks.
20. Anglers are responsible for the ensuring the peg they are fishing is free from litter.
21. No unauthorised matches allowed.
22. Anglers fishing for specimen fish eg Carp, barbel must use barbless hooks, have an unhooking mat, and landing net of suitable size and construction.
23. No swimfeeders at Darley Dale, Matlock, Sutton Brook, Ellastone.
24. Bait boats allowed on Red House Lake only.
25. Barbless hook to be used on All lakes and pools, and the River Ecclesbourne.
26. No Fishing within 30 metres of over head power lines.